Welcome

Welcome to my website!
Have you ever wondered why some critics review films? They don't even seem to like movies that much from what they write. I LOVE movies, and think about them long after the last credits roll across the screen. My reviews are meant to inform, entertain and never have a spoiler.
Enjoy my reviews and please comment and come back frequently! Thanks for visiting!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Academy Award Winners for Best Original Screenplay


Blogging from A to Z April Challenge is fast approaching! Last April, I participated with daily entries on my Family Reunion Keepsake Book blog (link on the right). This year I will be blogging from A to Z on my movie review blog, A Movie for Every Mood. Twenty-six unique and informative movie reviews for your entertainment and educational pleasure.

The theme for my A-Z reviews focuses on films that won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. The process I used in selecting the 26 films was to look at a list of all the winning and nominated films in this category, scanning back in time from present to past in order to find one winning film for each letter. Some letters were not available as a best original screenplay win, but I was able to use some films that at least were nominated in that category (finding XYZ was challenging, but I found them!).

Whether you are a screenwriter yourself, or an avid movie lover, there is something for everyone in my reviews. No spoilers, lots of film history, and musings about what makes a film memorable.

I invite you to join me in April as we look at some truly great films. Thanks for coming along for the ride!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:22 PM

    Love it! I'm doing Broadway Musicals. Really looking forward to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I will be sure to follow you!

      Delete
  2. I love movies too! Last year my theme involved bad sword&sorcery movies. It will be fun to see what you post for each letter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!I'm looking forward to the month of blogging and reading new blogs.

      Delete
  3. I don't know of many people who don't like movies so your theme should be of interest to many. Thanks for being a part of the 2017 Challenge.


    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I read your post about time, a fascinating topic, I agree. Will visit you again.

      Delete