Welcome

Welcome to my website!
Have you ever wondered why some critics review films? They don't even seem to like movies that much from what they write. I LOVE movies, and think about them long after the last credits roll across the screen. My reviews are meant to inform, entertain and never have a spoiler.
Enjoy my reviews and please comment and come back frequently! Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The World Before Your Feet

The World Before Your Feet is a wonderful documentary about Matt Green, a young man who decided to walk every block of every street, park, cemetery and public space in New York City. This is about 8,000 miles so it is no small feat. The film is rated PG-13.

I enjoyed this film very much, partially because I am a walker myself, and also because it tells the story of this man so well, and shows New York City in a way tourists and even residents don’t get to see.

This is his passion, and Matt researches where he walks. He has a blog at I'm Just Walkin' and has found people all around New York City to be kind and supportive of his endeavors. I especially liked the segments where we get to see things in the city that are alike. His walks are ongoing now for five plus years. It is amazing to me how he has found a rhythm of sorts in where he sleeps, what he eats, his relationships, and how he schedules his time for this unusual goal.

In some respects, the last film I reviewed, Free Solo, is along the same lines of this man’s quest. Both men are determined and exacting in their plans to do what others wouldn’t even dream about, for perhaps reasons that aren’t even in their personal awareness.

Are you a walker? Have you watched The World Before Your Feet? What did you think of Matt’s goal and discoveries?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Suzanne for following my blog.
    This documentary sounds wonderful. Are you from New York ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not from New York, but will finally visit NYC next year. It is depicted so often in film and TV and looks fascinating, as is Matt Green's journey on foot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue - this sounds fascinating ... and I'd love to see it sometime - I'll at least be aware of what it is about .. thanks for letting us know. I saw the film about the extraordinarily cheerful veteran New York City fashion photographer Bill Cunningham - that was also fascinating ... thanks for the information on Matt Green - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up the film Bill Cunningham New York. Looks good! I'll try finding it.

      Delete