Welcome

Welcome to my website!
Have you ever wondered why some critics review films? They don't even seem to like movies that much from what they write. I LOVE movies, and think about them long after the last credits roll across the screen. My reviews are meant to inform, entertain and never have a spoiler.
Enjoy my reviews and please comment and come back frequently! Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Ocean's 8

In keeping with the extravagant wealth theme that began last week with Crazy Rich Asians, I move on to Ocean’s 8. The fashion and high society element makes this fourth “Ocean’s” film more for a girls night out, and that’s great for me. I’m sick and bored with films of battles and men killing each other. More power to the women!

I enjoyed the previous three Steven Soderbergh directed “Ocean’s” films. I also saw the original Ocean’s 11 (1960) that inspired the remakes. They are a few of my favorite films. Ocean’s 8 leaves the male cast behind and introduces us to female characters in an all-star cast. It is rated PG-13 for language, drug use and some suggestive content.

Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock) is the sister of Danny Ocean (George Clooney). She has been serving time, and thus has had many hours alone to plan a perfect heist with her girlfriends. It is not surprising that Danny and Debbie should be alike in their choice of occupation since sometimes a younger family member may choose to follow in her big brother’s footsteps.

Debbie has concocted a scheme to steal a very expensive Cartier necklace right off the neck of celebrity Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway) while she is wearing it at the Met Gala. Each member of the crew Debbie assembles has their own specialty or strength that is required in order to pull off this heist.

I enjoyed Ocean’s 8. I’d watch it again, especially on a night I just want some good, clean fun. The sets and the cinematography are first rate, and it’s a pleasure to watch the heist unfold. The references to other “Ocean’s” films make it even more fun.

Did you see Ocean’s 8? What did you think of it? Which “Ocean’s” film is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment