Welcome

Welcome to my website!
Have you ever wondered why some critics review films? They don't even seem to like movies that much from what they write. I LOVE movies, and think about them long after the last credits roll across the screen. My reviews are meant to inform, entertain and never have a spoiler.
Enjoy my reviews and please comment and come back frequently! Thanks for visiting!

Friday, March 11, 2005

Buffalo Dreams

I had the pleasure of watching Buffalo Dreams tonight on the Disney channel. What a sweet, hopeful movie! Try to see it when it reruns over the next few days. It is made with young adults in mind, but is a great film for all of us to watch. It's about an Anglo boy and a Navajo boy, and how they become friends, and meet some challenges along the way.

There is what I at first thought was a rip-off of Breaking Away, another coming of age film from many years ago, but then I simply thought of it as a tribute to the earlier film about bike racing. The film is supposed to take place in New Mexico, although I read it was filmed in Utah. The scenery is beautiful, mountains, desert wildflowers, storms, and the beautiful Navajo ways. I hope you get to see it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:37 PM

    I thought the movie was most enjoyable. It has been many months since I seen it and I only wish I could have recorded it or put it on DVD. The scenery was great and I really loved seeing the buffalo. It spelled out what is wrong with kids these days, yet brought it all together at the end. Need more movies like this. Know where I can get a copy??? Andy agoddard@sdti.sdmts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:40 AM

    i loved that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!that one kid is a total hottie!!!!and i love the song lean on me!!!!!when will it be on again??if u know email me @ paigeluckyfrog4@hotmail.com!!!!!!!!!!!see ya.

    ReplyDelete