Welcome

Welcome to my website!
Have you ever wondered why some critics review films? They don't even seem to like movies that much from what they write. I LOVE movies, and think about them long after the last credits roll across the screen. My reviews are meant to inform, entertain and never have a spoiler.
Enjoy my reviews and please comment and come back frequently! Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Foreign films

I was talking to someone last night about the film Maria Full of Grace. It features the best actress nominee Catalina Sandino Moreno and is about a young woman in Colombia. It is in Spanish with subtitles. I don't want to give away what it is about, but I encourage you to see it on my recommendation. I was fascinated by what was depicted in the film about life in Colombia, and later in the U.S.

I know subtitles scare off some people, but I have rarely seen a subtitled film from any country that did not fascinate me and illuminate something about another culture for me. What are your favorite foreign films?

No comments:

Post a Comment