Welcome

Welcome to my website!
Have you ever wondered why some critics review films? They don't even seem to like movies that much from what they write. I LOVE movies, and think about them long after the last credits roll across the screen. My reviews are meant to inform, entertain and never have a spoiler.
Enjoy my reviews and please comment and come back frequently! Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Sequels

I noticed that a sequel to the Sandra Bullock film Miss Congeniality is coming out soon. I am a big fan of that film, and I think it is Ms. Bullock's best film. But I am concerned lest this sequel go the way of what happened when Reese Witherspoon did a sequel to Legally Blonde. Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde failed because there were too many repeats of jokes which were really funny in the original film, but just tired by the time they appeared in the second film.

Perhaps it is easier to come up with a great sequel to a drama or action film, as we witnessed last year with Spider-Man 2 and Bourne Supremacy. Both of those were excellent sequels; the characters continued to develop and not just be a stagnant repeat of what they were in the first great movie.

I'll get back to you on what Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous does for me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:30 PM

    I agree that Spiderman II was a great sequel, better than the original, in my opinion. Not many sequels are as good as the originals.

    Care to recommend any sleeper movies? "Night Shift" and "Cutthroat Island" are two good sleepers.

    ReplyDelete