Welcome

Welcome to my website!
Have you ever wondered why some critics review films? They don't even seem to like movies that much from what they write. I LOVE movies, and think about them long after the last credits roll across the screen. My reviews are meant to inform, entertain and never have a spoiler.
Enjoy my reviews and please comment and come back frequently! Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Saving Grace

I've been thinking about gardening a lot lately, as my back yard is soon to be terraced and planted to create a lush, yet xeriscaped vista for me. I started to wonder what films featured gardeners or gardening in them, and remembered a very good British comedy, Saving Grace. It's about five years old, and I'm sure is available on videotape.

The film stars Brenda Blethyn as Grace, a middle-aged woman facing financial difficulties, who decides to cultivate a bumper crop of a certain illegal herb. Brenda Blethyn is just great in this comic movie, as she was in her previous films, Little Voice and Secrets & Lies.

Needless to say, I won't be planting anything Grace grew, but I wouldn't mind renting all three of Brenda's films I mentioned for a triple feature of the talent Brenda brings to the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment