Welcome

Welcome to my website!
Have you ever wondered why some critics review films? They don't even seem to like movies that much from what they write. I LOVE movies, and think about them long after the last credits roll across the screen. My reviews are meant to inform, entertain and never have a spoiler.
Enjoy my reviews and please comment and come back frequently! Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Upside of Anger

The Upside of Anger is a thoughtful film starring Joan Allen and Kevin Costner. It is about Terry (Joan Allen) whose husband has inexplicably left her and her four daughters, who are of high school and college age. Kevin plays the neighbor Denny, a former baseball player now DJ, who becomes Terry's drinking buddy and more.

I thought the film began a bit slowly and seemed flat, but it grew on me. I won't give away the ending, but it pulled everything together and made me think about how our minds think up explanations for events that happen in our lives, and how those explanations do not always mirror the truth.

I recommend this film which is rated R. Kevin and Joan have chemistry together and are fun to watch, and the four actresses who are Terry's daughters (two you may have seen in other films or on TV are Erika Christensen and Keri Russell) are believable as well. I saw this film yesterday in the theater, but it seems to be ending its run so you may have to wait for video/DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment